Sunday 8 May 2016

FINAL DEATH VIDEO

Filming for the death video went very well, every location I used was in my location research and all the shots I had hoped for were filmed (even if I didnt end up using them in the fim). For the outfit instead of using an oversized hoodie I cut a hole in a black bed sheet and spray painted Satan's pentagram and the phrase goodbye on it. I had Toyé who was portraying Death walk towards the camera which was zoomed close in and the camera essentially ends up running away only to find that Death is following. The idea that Death is always literally around the corner in the video is mimetic of the way that people are constantly running away from and avoiding even talking about death. The effects used in the video were used to create a very chaotic and hard to follow experience, almost as if  it's a nightmare, the low saturation and green screen effects are very disorientating and evoke emotions of sadness, confusion and fear. The soundtrack is the song I Want I Need It by experimental industrial hip hop group Death Grips which I slowed down 100x using audible stretch tool. I did this because it creates a very eerie atmosphere and makes the video very immersive. Video below:


DEATH-HELL from Olie Thomas on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment