Monday 11 April 2016

EXHIBITION SPACE

Ive decided to use DOOMED GALLERY DALSTON for my exhibition space, I have been there many times for a wide range of exhibitions, I like the size of the space and also the concrete floors and white walls, it gives me a good blank slate to work off. I obtained the floor plan of the space and started to think about where certain items would go.

The advert for hiring out the space



The floor plan of the gallery


A proposed idea of the layout of my exhibition, a coffin sits in the middle of the space, there's A2 pieces of mixed media art on the walls (marked by red lines) and 4 TVs (the red boxes) the first TV is just playing static, it throws the visitor off, the second shows a film about death, the 4th about life and the 3rd shows a live video feed of the visitors, so when standing in between the two videos they are essentially having a moment of reflection in purgatory with a coffin behind them. The blue line shows the route visitors will take around the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment