Saturday 9 April 2016

INSTALLATION RESEARCH


This work by Liselot van der Heijden i took a look at just because of the use of the old TVs which i wish to use as well, I quite like the idea of them being scattered around an empty space, however I'm not sure how well the visitors will be able to see my footage which is an essential part of my exhibition at the moment.


This piece is Shirin Abedinirad's Stairway to Heaven, I love how simple it is yet how large of a concept it has behind it, the mirrors are looking towards the heavens but there is a sense of fragility as one imagines walking up these mirrored stairs, a fear of the glass smashing, perhaps this is a comment on the fragility of life and the certainty of death.


This is found at The White Temple (Wat Rong Khun) which is a contemporary piece of art/scultpture made to look like a Buddhist temple, it was finished and opened to tourists in 1997. I love the piece pictured above, I get a sense of tortured souls in purgatory reaching out for help, I think I will use the hand gesture reaching for help in my exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment