Wednesday 6 April 2016

INSTALLATION RESEARCH//


one of my favourite exhibitions of all time was Salcedo's Crack and the Tate Modern, its still quite unsure how she made the crack, regardless, seeing this huge crack made me feel a sense of fragility and I felt very overwhelmed, I had been immersed by this crack, thinking of why it made me feel this way, it was a very dark and bewildering moment so it was interesting to see all the kids jumping over it, not thinking about how the art makes them feel.


LEANDRO ERLICH underwater pool. Although I havent been to this installation, it has fascinated me since the first time I saw it. Visitors are invited to look down into the pool where it looks like its full of water, but then you see other visitors wander in and out as if theres no water. Its the perspective that I'm most interested in, what are the people under thinking when they see the people above and vice versa. Its almost a window to another world.


This is from Kely Mark's Stupid Heaven. I love this particular piece, The TVs' one purpose is to show images to humans, not only is the tv just facing a wall, its facing another TV, it really shocked me, these are the kind of things that I want the visitors to view when they come, I want them immersed.







No comments:

Post a Comment