Monday 18 April 2016

NO MANS LAND- MISHKA HENNER
No Man's Land from Mishka Henner on Vimeo.

Mishka Henner's No Mans Land looks at people in spaces that are completely deserted apart from the road they stand by, the whole project was taken place on Google Street View, the video (above) that accompanies the book of screenshots shows screenshots of the journey to and past these people by the side of the road. I prefer the video to just the pictures because as we pass the people it feels like we're leaving them behind, evoking a substantial amount of emotion. The locations where these people are found are an inspiration for where I'm going to film for my first video, these locations include boarded up houses, places in my local area that I know people don't go to because they are so unappealing. I went on streetview and went around my local area finding spots like that:



Remnants of a house



empty sports area of my local park



construction sight with tags




old, dirty, tagged tunnel that leads to a park





No comments:

Post a Comment