Thursday 14 April 2016

PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL I

Whilst researching through the afterlife I stumbled across the four horsemen who descend to Earth which marks the end of the world. The horsemen embody 4 things: Death, Famine, War and Conquest. I thought this would be a good place to start my promotional material as it puts everyone into the afterlife and will end up in my exhibition: Purgatory where they will explore my visions of life and death and heaven and hell.


This is a painting by Viktor Vasnetsov depicting the four horsemen starting the apocalypse, I think this painting is incredible and wanted to use it for my promo material. I decided to make a poster, I wanted it to be in black and white so I put a threshold on it on Photoshop which came out like this:


Although, this didnt work out very well just due to the contrast in dark and bright in the painting, details were lost and it ruined the magnificence of the painting. So instead I used a bitmap and half-toned it and added details of the event:


This is what it originally looked like, however after messing around with font size and layout it ended up like this:


The white bold text on the black box catches the viewers attention, personally if I saw this I would think it was some sort of extreme church propaganda which is always interesting, upon further reading the viewer will see the details of the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment